allows you to replicate Address Book (e.g. Global Address List) entries and properties to Outlook
Contact folders and search the Address Book from any email enabled device. Ideally suited for those with Windows CE
based PDAs, Palm Pilots, BlackBerry devices, Cell Phones and any other
device that can synchronize contact information with Microsoft Outlook.
To support searching the device must be email enabled. If you are on Exchange Server with a well maintained Global Address List,
then this is the tool for you. Face it..."Everyone Loves Repl-ing
Note: Program available for all versions of
Microsoft Outlook but for complete features you must have Outlook 2000.
Hopefully the feature set will be the same when the software is finally
- Add Address Book entries to Contacts
- Update previously replicated Address Book
entries in Contacts Folders based on last update time
- Will not overwrite contact fields if
source field in Address Book is blank (configurable)
- Will replicate default Contact folder but
can also replicate any currently selected contact-type folder (Outlook
- Search Address Book from any email enabled
device with configurable search requester. With application running, an
email message sent to default mailbox will initiate a search of the
address book and a response to sender with details. Include "abfind"
in the subject and search name in the body, any resolvable search term
is acceptable, including first and last name, alias, email address, etc.
If it can be resolved in the TO: field of a message, then MyABs should
be able to resolve it. If ambiguous (more than one match), then it will
return up to 5 matching addresses.
- For Example:
- From: Your Portable
- To: Your MailBox
- Subject: abfind
- Message Body: John
- Example Response: (actual response
may vary depending on detail within address book)
- From: Your MailBox
- To: Your Portable
- Message Body:
- John Doe
Screen Shot 1 -
- My ABs uses the first email
address in the Contact as the link to the Address Book entry. The "Billing
Information" field of the Contact to store the last modified date
of the Address Book entry preventing unnecessary updates. To force an
update, clear the "Billing Information" field. To prevent
updating, set the billing information date to sometime in the distant
future. If you use this field for any real data, do not use this
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, NT 4.x, Windows
- Microsoft Exchange Server mailbox running version 4.x, 5.0,
or 5.5 (all service packs)
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 with CDO installed
* (CDO is not installed with Office/Outlook by default. Just add it from
the Office Setup Wizard under Outlook.)
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Runtime Libraries
here to get them from Microsoft) 1 MByte
- * Version available to support
Outlook (8.03 and above), Outlook 98 with Active Messaging. This
version works with all versions of Outlook but with less functionality.
To make the download size small, the Visual Basic runtime
libraries are not included. If you do not have the runtime libraries and the
program does not work, you should be able to download them from Microsoft
or send me an email and I will find them. The file is the actual
program and no setup is required. Just download to your favorite folder,
desktop or anywhere else.
My ABs 1.0.0 for
Outlook 2000 [MyABs.exe] 116 KBytes
My Abs 97 1.0.0 for
Outlook 97 and 98 [MyABs97.exe] 112 KBytes
||COST and SUPPORT
My ABs is in its first non-beta
release. It is Freeware but not Public Domain. Please
feel free to contact the author and copyright owner at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional
- Corrected problem in 97 version that
set the "File As" field to Company.
- Now uses the first email address in
the Contact to link to the Address Book. Uses "Billing
Information" field to store last modified date of entry in
Address Book. This will prevent constant updating of contact items
when data has not changed resulting in faster PDA synchronization
for large contact folders. If you used the previous version that
stored the email link in the "billing information"
field, it will be updated to the new format when you run the
- Corrected problem where some contact
items were skipped
- Added Force Update option to force
updating of contact information regardless of last update time in
- Added "MyABs" to category
list to help identify what contacts have been touched by the MyABs
- Added activity logging. Use View /
Activity Log... menu option to view log. Log resets when program
- Corrected problem where default folder
was not selected and messages of current folder were processed
- Added MyABs Category Only option to
only process items previously processed by MyABs.
- Added function to allow submitting
search messages for items synced to your portable device;
configurable search requester.
- Created options dialog for
configuration and store parameters in Registry for repeated use.
- Extended Expiration to 03/31/2001
- Same as the version for Outlook 2000
with following exceptions
- No support for Contact folder other
than the Contact folder in the default mailbox.
- Removed some non-functional menu
- First non-beta release. Expirations
- Added option to not overwrite outlook
fields with blank values when source field in Address Book is
- Fixed problem with searching for
nonexistant address resulted in a hang.
My ABs and My Abs 97 are copyright 2000,
2001 by Mark B. Chavez. The copyright
owner makes no guarantees for the program in any way. Any redistribution
without the express written permission of Mark B. Chavez is prohibited.